South King Media is a network of six popular Local Blogs in the Southwest King County area that include:
- B-Town (Burien) Blog
- Waterland Blog (Des Moines)
- White Center Blog
- SeaTac Blog
- Normandy Park Blog
- Tukwila Blog
And what we believe is the first “Hyperlocal Radio Station” tied to local blogs in the U.S.:
Since our inception in Dec., 2007, our sites have grown into the most-read local news source for the area covering White Center to Des Moines – a population of over 142,000 people.
Some of the differences between our coverage of local news and other corporate ones that are ‘patched’ together is:
WE ALL LIVE, WORK, EAT, DRINK AND
SPEND OUR MONEY HERE!
The folks behind South King Media include:
- Scott Schaefer, Founder/Publisher/Editor: With three National Emmy Awards for Writing on “Bill Nye the Science Guy” and over 28 years’ experience in TV/video, multimedia, marketing/advertising, technology and the internet, Scott started The B-Town Blog as a hobby and has since turned it into a full-time business. His other credits include as a Director on “Penn & Teller:Bullsh*t!” (Showtime), “The Arsenio Hall Show” (Paramount), “Sightings” (Paramount), “Totally Hidden Video” (Fox), “America’s Funniest People” (ABC), Fox On-Air Promotions and KING-TV’s “Almost Live!” where he got his start in 1985. Scott’s most recent side project is “The Maury Island Incident,” a short film he Directed/Produced in 2014 that is on the film festival circuit.
- Theresa Schaefer, Sales Manager. Scott’s wife is the newest member of the team, having joined in April, 2012. Most recently she served as a member of the Victorinox Swiss Army Sales Management team. Theresa is a veteran sales and marketing professional who is ready to help your business – please email her for our Media Kit/Rate Card!
- Jack Mayne, Senior Reporter/Associate Publisher. Jack Mayne has done about all there is to do in print journalism. He has been city editor of the Seattle P.I. back in its glory days, edited the Journal American in Bellevue and Valley Daily News in Kent in the 1990s. Before that he was a freelance international journalist and reported from South Africa, China, visited over 80 countries and even covered a colonial war in the 20th century between the United Kingdom and Argentina over the desolate Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. He got his start at the Vancouver Province, thence to The Associated Press, becoming chief of the New England bureau, but a desire of AP to send him to Buffalo, N.Y., drove him back to Seattle. With writing for print becoming quaint and dated, he is now setting his sights on Web journalism and has written several stories for the B-Town Blog and plans many more.
- Michael Brunk, Photographer/Tech Guru. With a love of photography that spans more than 20 years, Michael has fond memories of film but wouldn’t give up his digital SLR for anything. His checkered past includes stints as a monthly columnist for a nationally published magazine on telecommunications and technology and several years reviewing movies. He’s also been known to dabble in community theater. His main qualifications are a large camera and free time. He also builds and maintains the code that runs our sites.
- Mark Neuman, Writer/Marketing: former real-world Journalist, TV Host, Producer and Marketer, Mark is an old friend of Scott’s going back to when they worked on their high school newspaper together (West Seattle High’s “Chinook”). Mark has interviewed two US Presidents, cops, cooks and cartoonists, authors and artists, senators, singers, scholars and senior citizens, along with the first Mayor of Burien and a local man running for State Superior Court.
South King Media is part of Schaefer’s company LOL Dudez, LLC.
To learn more about our offerings, please email Scott directly, or give us a call our studio/office: (206) 248-2565