South King Media creates and produces award-winning
Local Blogs, Podcasts, Email Newsletters and Film/Video!
We publish six local blogs for the South King County area in Washington State, where we serve up the latest local news, events, arts, entertainment, discussion forums and more to a population of over 142,000 people.
As of Dec. 31, 2016, our combined “circulation” for our region for calendar year 2016 was 114,354 Uniques per month and 315,425 Pageviews per month, as per Google Analytics.
South King Media Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer awarded ‘Paul Harris Fellow’ by Rotary Club of Des Moines/Normandy Park
South King Media Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer was honored on April 5, 2017 with a Paul Harris Fellow award from the Rotary Club of Des Moines/Normandy Park, WA.
The award was presented at the Rotary group’s luncheon in Des Moines.
The honor is named after Paul Harris, a Chicago attorney who formed the Rotary Club of Chicago in 1905, “so professionals with diverse backgrounds could exchange ideas, form meaningful, lifelong friendships, and give back to their communities.”
Read the full story (with video) here.
Some of our more recent work includes:
- Ongoing, award-winning reporting via six local blogs for the south King County communities of Burien, Des Moines, White Center, Normandy Park and SeaTac.
- SoKing News, regular local News/Podcasts from our blog network (hear our Podcasts here, or read more here). We were awarded a prestigious grant from J-Lab to produce daily Podcasts.
- The Maury Island Incident, an award winning short film – based on declassified FBI documents – about a 1947 UFO encounter. Available to view online here.
- A fundraising documentary video on homelessness for Seattle non-profit DESC.
- Numerous freelance/contract film/video production work for companies like Microsoft, Puget Sound Energy and more (see a demo reel here).
On May 19, 2012, The B-Town Blog was awarded “Best Hyperlocal Website” in the Northwest by the Society of Professional Journalists for the second consecutive year. Read more here.
Please check out our innovative and affordable advertising solutions, or the latest stories from our sites in the sidebar to the right.
Founded in 2007 and run by three-time National Emmy Award winner Scott Schaefer (Bill Nye the Science Guy, Penn & Teller:Bullsh*t!, The Arsenio Hall Show, Almost Live! and many others), South King Media works on the cutting edge of media creation and delivery. With his wife Theresa acting as Sales Manager, this is a truly local, independent Mom-and-Pop internet/film production business.
“I have to say I’m amazed at what you’re doing up there. Aside from Apple, this is the most impressive business going right now. You have a good eye on the future, I think. I hope you become a tycoon! Best of luck! ”
– Mike Harney, TV Producer