South King Media creates and produces Local Blogs,
“Hyperlocal” Internet Radio and Film/Video!
Some of our more recent work includes:
- SoKing Internet Radio, the Northwest’s first ‘Hyperlocal Radio Station’, playing local music 24/7/365, and coming soon: regular local News/Podcasts from our blog network (read more here)!
- Ongoing, award-winning reporting via local blogs for south King County communities Burien, Des Moines, White Center, Normandy Park and SeaTac.
- The Maury Island Incident, a short film about a 1947 UFO encounter currently on the film festival circuit.
- A fundraising documentary video on homelessness for Seattle non-profit DESC.
- Numerous freelance/contract film/video production work for companies like Microsoft, Puget Sound Energy, RealNetworks and more (see a demo reel here).
On May 19, 2012, The B-Town Blog was awarded “Best Hyperlocal Website” in the Northwest by the Society of Professional Journalists for the second consecutive year! Read more here.
We publish six local blogs for the South King County area in Washington State, where we serve up the latest local news, events, arts, entertainment, discussion forums and more to a population of over 142,000 people. Also check out our innovative and affordable advertising solutions, or the latest stories in the sidebar to the right.
Founded in 2007 and run by three-time National Emmy Award winner Scott Schaefer (Bill Nye the Science Guy, Penn & Teller:Bullsh*t!, The Arsenio Hall Show, Almost Live! and many others), South King Media works on the cutting edge of media creation and delivery. With his wife Theresa acting as Sales Manager, this is a true Mom-and-Pop internet/film production business!
“I have to say I’m amazed at what you’re doing up there. Aside from Apple, this is the most impressive business going right now. You have a good eye on the future, I think. I hope you become a tycoon! Best of luck! ”
– Mike Harney, TV Producer